Release Notes – Retrospect Virtual
Retrospect Virtual 2022 - 2022122.214.171.124.20 – December 19, 2022
- NewSupport for Hyper-V 2022 Support
- NewData Protection for Microsoft Teams for Microsoft 365/Office 365
- ImprovedFaster Backups and Restores
- ImprovedBackup Data Deduplication
- FixedFixed issue where Hyper-V restore encountered “Network Problem...Reason = invalid distance code”
- FixedFixed issue where VMWare Backup gave error 'Unknown error from class “java.lang.NullPointerException”'
- FixedFixed issue where VMware Restore failed with “Throwable= [U] Fail to connect VM disk by VDDK library. Error=Unknown error”
- FixedFixed issue where Hyper-V Backup encountered java.io.IOException: Error The system cannot find the file specified
Retrospect Virtual 2021 - 20211126.96.36.199.86 – December 20, 2021
- NewSupport for Windows Server 2022
- NewSupport for Windows 11
- FixedFixed API issue with SigV4 for S3-compatible storage locations
- FixedFixed issue where backup set creation didn't complete for S3-compatible storage
- FixedFixed issue where application was not responsive from mounted disk during Hyper-V Granular Restore
- FixedFixed issue where restore UI was empty from mounted disk during Hyper-V Granular Restore
- FixedFixed issue where VMware vCenter 6.7 Restore saw error “Failed to obtain symlink target for bfSymLink='[BackupFile][Version=10130][ClientPath=01..”
Retrospect Virtual 2021 - 202005188.8.131.52.127 – May 25, 2021
- NewFaster Backup Speed: The initial backup is up to 300% faster, and incremental backups are up to 250% faster.
- NewImproved Backup Server Performance: Optimized resource utilization (memory, CPU, cache) provide better performance with less resources required.
- NewIncreased Security: Support for password age and complexity requirement for system and sub admin users and a new feature to prevent session hijacking by forcing a logout if the session IP changes.
- NewDeeper Data Integrity: Automated and enhanced Data Integrity Checks to ensure data is never lost.
- NewBroader Platform Support: Support for VMware ESXi and vCenter 7.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2019, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Oracle 19c, MariaDB.
Retrospect Virtual 2020 - 20201184.108.40.206.30 – December 7, 2020
- FixedFixed issue where VM virtual disk was inaccessible after restore for Hyper-V set
- FixedFixed issue with performance of Hyper-V where Run Direct restore
Retrospect Virtual 2020 - 20200303.8.3.2.11 – March 3, 2020
- NewManagement Console Integration
- New50% Performance Improvement
- NewSupport for Wasabi Cloud
- NewSupport for Backblaze B2 Cloud
- NewFlexible Licensing between VMware and Hyper-V
Retrospect Virtual 2019 - 20190305.8.1.0.50 – March 5, 2019
- NewOffice 365 Protection
- NewSupport for Windows Server 2019
- NewSupport for Hyper-V 2019
- NewSupport for VMware 6.7
- NewSupport for Exchange 2019
Retrospect Virtual 2018 - 20181220.127.116.11.50 – November 19, 2018
- FixedUnable to generate delta using CBT for Hyper-V Backup Set...."The number of CBT log files do not match the number of virtual machine 's preferred owners."
- FixedFailed to generate delta file for Hyper-V Backup Set by using CBT. Reason = "Fail to parse offset -1 and the backup takes long time to complete"
- FixedFail to CREATE/RESTORE 2016 Hyper-V Cluster Backup Set if a .vhds file is attached to VM in Hyper-V manager but DELETED/RENAMED
- Fixed"Unable to generate delta using CBT..." is logged when using a Restored VM as backup source in 2016 Hyper-V Cluster Backup Set
- FixedFail to restore VM with .vhds to ALTERNATE Location from the 2nd Destination in the destination list in 2016 Hyper-V Cluster Bkset
- FixedHyper-V backup encounters ¡§Unexpected concurrent use of SharedBlockOutputStream...Total written size recorded in output stream does not match"
Retrospect Virtual 2018 - 20180904.7.15.6.55 – September 4, 2018
- FixedFail to restore the VMware backup via feature "Granular Restore"
- FixedHyper-V 2012 R2 VM backup is keep showing the message "Failed to upload file"
- FixedFail to run VMware backup with erro "[erro] Skip backing up Virtual Machine"
- FixedHyper-V 2012 R2 backup encountered "Attempting to perform the InitializeDefaultDrives o peration on the 'FileSystem' provider failed." error
Retrospect Virtual 2018 - 20180608.7.15.4.41 – June 8, 2018
- FixedBackup user is created/Deleted unexpectedly if Admin/User create/delete account exit without saved and re-enter to click Save
- FixedVMware Backup encounters "List VM Files. Error=File..... does not exist"
- FixedVMware restore failed with "Deserialization failed" error
- FixedHyper-V 2016 schedule backup error "Failed to take VM recovery checkpoint. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
- FixedHyper-V 2012 backup with "Failed to generate delta file by using CBT. Reason = Log sequence incorrect..." and reupload full again
- FixedVMware ESXi Restore "[Restorer.run] Path=xxx.vmdk Throwable= [F] [SFtpManager.getOutputStream.$1.close()] Failed to close 'xxx.vmdk' ERROR
- FixedHyper-V 2012 backup with Failed to generate delta file by using CBT. Reason = Offset to change: xxx is over the disk size yyy
- FixedHyper-V 2016 backup is stuck at downloading file list
- FixedVMware restore job cannot be stopped properly when some files failed to upload when restore non-VDDK VM to ESXi server
Retrospect Virtual 2018 - 20180306.7.15.2.2 – March 6, 2018
- NewManagement Console Replication
- NewManagement Console Redirection
- NewLinux Host Server Support
- FixedUser Statistics Summary of multiple pages are displaying the same content
- FixedAdd/Delete Backup User results in "Error = NULL" message prompts
- FixedBetter error message for issue(s) encountered when restoring Hyper-V VM to alternate host
- FixedUnable to perform Hyper-v 2012R2 Granular restore with "Fail to install "Virtual File System Driver" error
- FixedHyper-V 2012R2 with Run Direct fails to start VM after restoring on another Hyper-v 2012R2
- FixedHyper-V 2008R2 backup error “Cannot start shadow copy, reason =Failed to get VM State. Error = Invalid namespace”
Retrospect Virtual - 20170905.7.13.0.6 – September 5, 2017
- NewGranular Restore for VMware and Hyper-V
- FixedDigital Signature shown incorrect information
- FixedvCenter backup fails with error "Reason = "Spooling file failed. "..." (Cannot remotely copy file from hypervisor (code 9205))."
- FixedHyper-V 2012 Restore failed and the VM could not be booted into Windows
- FixedFails to perform Hyper-V RunDirect Restore VMs on Hyper-V 2012R2
- For this version, customers must export their data and uninstall the Management Console then install this build and import their data.
Retrospect Virtual - 20170518.104.22.168.4 – May 15, 2017
- NewVMDK Replication
- NewVMware Server 6.5 Support
- NewHyper-V Server 2016 Support
- NewWindows Server 2016 Support
- FixedCannot restore Hyper-V guest to another Windows Hyper-V 2008 R2 SP1 host
Retrospect Virtual - 20170307.7.9.2.2 – March 7, 2017