Competitive Analysis - Retrospect Solo
Retrospect Solo is the newest addition to our data protection suite, available for $49. Retrospect Solo provides personal data protection to one computer and its external hard drives, with support for data backup and migration, email protection and migration, cloud backup, and BackupBot AI. You can see its extensive feature set at Retrospect Solo.
Let's compare Retrospect to the competition.
|Retrospect Solo||Apple macOS Time Machine||Microsoft Windows Backup||Acronis True Image||Retrospect Desktop|
|Price||Perpetual license for $49||Bundled with OS||Bundled with OS||Subscription for $49||Perpetual license for $119|
|Platform||Window, Mac||Mac||Windows||Window, Mac||Window, Mac|
|Data Protection and Migration||✔||No file migration||No file migration||No file migration||✔|
|Client Protection||Extra licensing||✔|
|Email Protection and Migration||✔||✔|
|Cloud Backup||Amazon, Google, Dropbox, and ten others||Acronis Cloud||Amazon, Google, Dropbox, and ten others|
|Detailed Email Reporting||✔||✔||✔|
Retrospect Solo vs Retrospect Desktop
Retrospect Solo is packed with features, but upgrading to Retrospect Desktop unlocks even more:
- Support for client protection including five bundled clients
- Support for network attached storage (NAS) as a source or a backup set destination
- Support for tape and optical as backup set destinations
- Support for bare metal recovery on Windows with custom WinPE environment
- Support for dissimilar hardware restore on Windows
Learn more about Retrospect Desktop.
Last Update: March 6, 2018