In today’s era of explosive data growth, most business’ critical information is kept digitally to provide faster access, reduce infrastructure costs, and afford better security. Home Offices and Small & Medium size Businesses (SMBs) are the fastest growing segment of this “data explosion” phenomenon.
Because of this, finding the right data protection solution is critical for Home Offices and SMBs - but this can be a confusing and expensive task. Many solutions are limited in what business data they protect or how they protect it. Some protect server data only, some protect files only, and some don’t offer Bare Metal Disaster Recovery, Archiving, Duplication, etc. This often leads businesses to buy enterprise solutions that are overkill for their needs, or multiple data protection solutions to have a complete protection plan, increasing costs and complexity.
Retrospect is the “Swiss Army Knife” of data protection, providing a complete and versatile Backup & Recovery, Data Archiving, and Duplication solution for home offices, Small & Medium sized Businesses, and departments in larger organizations. After more than 25 years working directly with SMB customers, Retrospect continues to hand-craft a complete 3-in-1 data protection solution designed specifically to meet their needs.
Backup and Recovery
Retrospect automates the backup process for networked servers and workstations. Leveraging Incremental and Proactive Backup technologies, critical data is backed up intelligently, providing flexible and flawless restores from disks and tapes. Retrospect also covers Bare Metal Disaster Recovery by creating a boot CD, DVD or Flash media for fast recovery from a non-bootable state.
- Block Level Incremental Backup searches out the changed pieces of large files and only backs up those blocks, speeding up backups and using less storage space.
- Proactive Backup watches for “on the go” computers and automatically backs them up when they connect to the network.
- Automatic File-Level Deduplication maximizes storage usage by only copying unique files—even across multiple computers—to the backup media.
- Dissimilar Hardware Restore makes it possible to recover an entire system—including the OS, applications, registry, and data—to a computer of different model or manufacturer.
- Cross Platform Support protects physical as well as virtual machines running Windows, Mac and Linux.
Retrospect easily migrates and consolidates inactive critical data for long-term data retention to meet business and government compliance needs. Utilizing backup set and snapshot transfer technology along with disk grooming capabilities, data is efficiently moved off to cost-effective long-term, off-site storage.
- Automatic Disk Grooming automatically removes older backups based on selected policy when more space is needed on disk-based storage. This technology allows Retrospect to perform faster, smaller Smart Incremental Backups forever with long term data retention.
Retrospect’s duplication feature is a powerful tool that allows users to clone files in their native format for immediate access from the same or different computer. This feature also leverages Retrospect’s incremental backup technology so only files that have changes will be cloned, saving time and storage space.
Retrospect’s complete data protection provides you the peace of mind knowing that your critical data is protected with one easy-to use and easy-to-manage solution that meets your needs, including fast and effective recovery from disasters, smart long term data retention, and accessible duplication technology.
Download a 45-day trial today!