Retrospect, Inc. Announces Personal Data Protection for $49 with Retrospect Solo
- March 6, 2018
Retrospect Solo Provides Backup and Migration for Windows, Mac, and Email
Walnut Creek, Calif.— March 6, 2018—Retrospect®, Inc., makers of award-winning Retrospect Backup & Recovery software, today introduced Retrospect Solo, a personal edition of Retrospect for protecting an individual's digital life: a Windows or Mac computer, any external hard drives, and two email accounts. Retrospect Solo includes the same core enterprise-level features as Retrospect Desktop and Retrospect Multi-Server, including data protection and migration, email protection and migration, cloud backup to more than a dozen different cloud providers, artificial intelligence (AI) features with BackupBot, a new dashboard with Data Hooks, one-click backup, and extensible features with open source repositories on GitHub. Retrospect has been protecting computers for thirty years–since before Facebook, Google or even AOL–and now that level of data protection is available to more people than ever.
Retrospect Solo is built with the same enterprise-level feature set as Retrospect Desktop and Retrospect Multi-Server, with byte-for-byte data protection and migration. Customers can back up their Windows or Mac computer and external hard drives on a fixed schedule, proactively during a window of time every day, or on-demand. Retrospect Solo is so easy to use that customers can start protecting their computer with three clicks, and it lets customers migrate a single file, a folder, or an entire computer to an external hard drive, with support for bootable backups.
Email Protection and Migration
Email systems for businesses have migrated from local servers to cloud services, but those services are prone to the same data loss scenarios as a local email server. Accidents happen. An employee might delete the wrong email or lose access to their account, or a rogue user could remove everything from the system. Email systems in the cloud require the same level of data protection as local email servers, and with Retrospect, it's easy.
- Data Protection – Customers can use Retrospect to back up their IMAP email accounts to a local or cloud destination, and they can restore a lost email or account with a couple clicks.
- Email Migration – Migrating from one service to another has never been easier. Back up the account with Retrospect, and simply restore it to next account. Retrospect copies every email and attachment over.
- Support for Major Services – Retrospect's email protection supports all major email services, including Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and AOL.
- Two Free – Retrospect Solo includes two email account licenses, so customers can start protecting their email immediately.
Off-site data protection is a critical piece of any business’s data protection strategy, as corporate data is always at risk from accidental loss, malicious threats, or natural disasters. Keeping a copy of critical data in a separate location safeguards it against loss, providing a further layer of protection. In addition, an off-site location can securely store archived content that is no longer in use. Cloud backup to third-party cloud storage providers allows Retrospect customers a seamless way to protect their environment off-site with a number of advantages:
- Cloud Connector – Retrospect connects to more than twenty cloud storage providers, located around the world, for affordable fast offsite storage.
- No Lock-In – Migrate backups from one cloud to another with a simple transfer, all within Retrospect.
- Zero-Knowledge Security – With AES-256 encryption in-transit and at-rest, only customers can access their backups, no matter where they store them.
- Fast Upload – Retrospect can saturate any connection with multiple simultaneous backups or restores.
Latest Retrospect Features
Retrospect Solo includes all of the new features released today in higher editions of Retrospect, and every one is available on Windows and Mac.
- BackupBot – BackupBot combines artificial intelligence and personalized data protection analytics to embed more intelligence in Retrospect's data protection strategies.
- Data Hooks – Data Hooks are extensible dashboard plugins to summarize every important aspect of what Retrospect is doing, from storage to ongoing activities to overall protection.
- Open Source on GitHub – Customers can customize their environment with Data Hooks, Script Hooks, and Selectors available as open source code on GitHub at github.com/retrospectinc.
Pricing and Availability
Retrospect Solo for Windows and Mac are available immediately for $49 USD MSRP from resellers or retrospect.com. Retrospect Solo is available in 6 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese.
Retrospect Solo is designed to protect a single computer, all of its external hard drives, and two email accounts. To protect more computer or network-attached storage (NAS) units, Retrospect Desktop is available starting at $119 and includes five client licenses. Retrospect Solo can be upgraded to Desktop without re-installation.
Retrospect backup and recovery software provides small and midsize businesses with the reliability, ease of use, power, and flexibility needed to protect critical data on mixed-platform networks. Retrospect offers local and offsite backups, precise point-in-time restores, file-level deduplication, iOS remote management of multiple backup servers, end-user-initiated restores, and industry-leading customer support. With more than two decades of field-tested expertise and millions of users worldwide, Retrospect meets the needs of organizations that require the highest level of recoverability.
About Retrospect, Inc.
Retrospect, Inc. is dedicated to providing reliable backup and recovery tools for professionals and small-to-midsize businesses. For additional information, please visit retrospect.com.
Retrospect is a registered trademark of Retrospect, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their registered holders.