Retrospect, Inc. Announces Availability of Retrospect Backup 16 and Retrospect Management Console for Remote Management
- March 5, 2019
Also available is Retrospect Virtual 2019 with Latest Platform Support
Walnut Creek, Calif.— March 5, 2019—Retrospect®, Inc., makers of award-winning Retrospect Backup & Recovery software, today introduced new remote management capabilities for backup environments for small businesses and managed service providers with the release of Retrospect Backup 16 and Retrospect Management Console. The new Retrospect Management Console allows IT administrators and MSPs to monitor and manage hundreds of installations from a single pane of glass, either at their desktop or on their mobile device.
Retrospect Backup 16
Small businesses depend on their computing infrastructure, but they lack the resources of a larger company's IT staff. They need backup software that just works and is accessible from anywhere, and the managed service providers that they rely on need the same set of features.Retrospect Backup 16 is focused on enabling small businesses to monitor and manage their backup environment with better tools:
- Retrospect Management Console – With our new hosted service, customers can monitor and manage their entire Retrospect infrastructure from a single pane of glass, at their desktop or on their phone.
- Storage Groups – Protect an entire backup environment up to 16x faster with a single, centralized destination that Retrospect can use simultaneously. With Storage Groups, customers can run parallel backups to the same disk or cloud destination, reducing the backup window.
- Deployment Tools – Managed service providers (MSPs) and IT administrators now have better tools to deploy and update their Retrospect clients automatically with built-in auto-updates and third-party workflow integration, freeing up valuable management time for other activities.
With Retrospect Backup 16, small businesses have a powerful set of tools to protect their entire environment, from servers to endpoints across Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Retrospect Management Console
Retrospect Management Console is built for monitoring and managing your backups from anywhere from a single pane of glass. It is a hosted service with in-transit and at-rest encryption, enabling businesses and partners to securely monitor and manage their backup environment.
- Complete Monitoring – See a real-time view of backups, including live activities and predictive storage usage.
- Distributed Management – Deploy new backup configurations to every Retrospect engine or only a specific subset.
- Access Anywhere – Monitor an entire backup infrastructure or multi-tenant client base from any desktop or mobile device, with your own portable Backup-Operations-Centre.
Retrospect Management Console is free for basic monitoring with a paid version for complete monitoring and management.
“With this product launch, small businesses around the world will have access to seamless backup management for their entire environment from a single pane of glass, on their desktop or on their mobile device,” say Jean-Christian Dumas, Vice President of Worldwide Sales. “Moreover, the Retrospect Management Console enables our partner network to easily monitor their entire client base from the same interface.”
Retrospect Virtual 2019
Retrospect Virtual 2019 enables you to protect VMware and Hyper-V environments from a single console–including vSphere (free ESXi)–with support for the latest platforms: Office 365, VMware vCenter/ESXi 6.7, Hyper-V 2019, Windows Server 2019, and Exchange 2019.
Retrospect 16 for Windows and Mac are available immediately. These versions are free updates for customers with current qualifying annual support and maintenance contracts and are immediately available for purchase from your preferred reseller or retrospect.com as an electronic download. Retrospect is available in 6 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese.
Pricing for Retrospect ranges from $49 for Retrospect Solo, which protects a single non-server computer, to $4,299 for Retrospect Multi Server Premium, which protects as many Mac, Windows, and Linux servers and PCs as your bandwidth and storage capacity will allow. Upgrades range from $29 to $2,699. (All prices listed above are MSRP in USD.) Special pricing is available for Education, Government, and Non-Profit settings. For a complete listing of new and upgrade product pricing, please visit retrospect.com.
Retrospect backup and recovery software provides small and midsize businesses with the reliability, ease of use, power, and flexibility needed to protect critical data on mixed-platform networks. Retrospect offers local and offsite backups, precise point-in-time restores, file-level deduplication, iOS remote management of multiple backup servers, end-user-initiated restores, and industry-leading customer support. With more than two decades of field-tested expertise and millions of users worldwide, Retrospect meets the needs of organizations that require the highest level of recoverability.
About Retrospect, Inc.
Retrospect, Inc. is dedicated to providing reliable backup and recovery tools for professionals and small-to-midsize businesses. For additional information, please visit retrospect.com.
Retrospect is a registered trademark of Retrospect, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their registered holders.