For 30 years, Retrospect Backup has protected data in more than half a million of homes and businesses around the world.
Retrospect Backup 17
Complete Data Protection
Retrospect Backup provides complete protection with backup, archive, and duplicate features built-in, flexible scheduling, endpoint protection, cloud backup, block-level incremental backup, email protection, and stellar support.
Retrospect Backup can perform an incremental backup of your entire system in under ten minutes, including a complete snapshot of your file structure for a perfect restore. It's one of the fastest backups on the market.
Every Major Platform
Retrospect Backup provides protection for every major platform with the support for the latest versions as well as versions from a decade ago–from Microsoft Windows Vista to Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2019, and Apple OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) to macOS Mojave as well as Linux, VMare, Hyper-V, SQL, Exchange, and IMAP.
Enabling remote backup requires minimal configuration on the server-side network and no changes for the remote employee's network, and it supports proactive scripts–with ProactiveAI–for backup when employees are online and on-demand restore for employees to get files back without assistance. Details>>
Retrospect: 31 Years of Backup
Retrospect, Inc. acquired by StorCentric. Retrospect 16 for Windows and Mac. Retrospect Virtual 2019. Retrospect Management Console. Storage Groups. Deployment Tools. Cloud Backup to 26 Providers.
Retrospect 15 for Windows and Mac. Retrospect Virtual 2018. Remote Management. Remote Backup. BackupBot. ProactiveAI. Email Protection. Data Hooks. Cloud Backup to 20 Providers. Private Cloud.
Retrospect 12 for Windows and Retrospect 14 for Mac. Retrospect Virtual for VMware, Hyper-V. Scalable Data Protection. Cloud Backup to Backblaze B2, Wasabi. Script Hooks for Slack, Nagios. Avid. LTFS.
Retrospect 11 for Windows and Retrospect 13 for Mac. Cloud Backup to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Dropbox. Performance-Optimized Grooming. Faster Catalog Rebuild. Configuration Management.
Retrospect 10 for Windows and Retrospect 12 for Mac. 2x Faster Performance for Backup, Restore, Transfer, Grooming. Improved Email Notifications. Dashboard Enhancements.
Retrospect 9 for Windows and Retrospect 11 for Mac. Block-Level Incremental Backup (BLIB). High-Level Dashboard. UEFI. Single Windows Localized Binary. 64-bit Windows DR.
Retrospect 8.5 for Windows and Retrospect 10.5 for Mac.
Retrospect 8 for Windows and Retrospect 10 for Mac.
Retrospect, Inc. spun out of Rovi Corporation, becomes private, independent company focused solely on Retrospect Backup. Retrospect 9 for Mac released.
Sonic Solutions acquires Retrospect from EMC. Rovi Corporation acquires Sonic Solutions.
Retrospect 8 for Mac released. Retrospect 7.7 for Windows released.
Retrospect 7.6 for Windows released.
Retrospect 7.5 for Windows updates released.
Retrospect 7.5 for Windows released.
Retrospect 6.1 for Mac released.
Dantz Development acquired by EMC Corporation. Retrospect 6 for Mac released. Retrospect One-Touch for Maxtor released. Retrospect 7 for Windows released.
Retrospect 5.1 for Mac released.
Retrospect 5 for Mac released. Retrospect 6 for Windows released.
Retrospect 4.3 released.
Retrospect 5.15 released.
Retrospect 5 for Windows released. (First Windows release)
Retrospect 4.1 released. Retrospect Express released.
Retrospect 4 released.
Retrospect 3 released.
Retrospect 2 released.
Retrospect 1.3 released.
Dantz Development bought DiskFit back from SuperMac.
Dantz Development released Retrospect 1.0.
Dantz Development sold DiskFit to SuperMac.
Dantz Development formed by Richard Zulch and Larry Zulch and released Megacopy.
- 5150473-Data storage format for addressable or sequential memory media – January 16, 1990, our backup set format
- 5966730-Backup system for computer network incorporating opportunistic backup by prioritizing least recently backed up computer or computer storage medium – October 30, 1996, first of the Proactive AI patents
- 7801859-Tracking filesystem backups – May 25, 2005, initial block-level backup work
- 8335768-Selecting data in backup data sets for grooming and transferring – May 25, 2005, first part of grooming
- 7913044-Efficient incremental backups using a change database – February 2, 2006, initial incremental backup work
- 8886902-Disk backup set access – February 2, 2006, Disk backup sets
- 7890746-Automatic authentication of backup clients – February 3, 2006, automatically adding clients via public/private key
- 7966513-Automatic classification of backup clients – February 3, 2006, used to sort clients into different backup policies
- 7421551-Fast verification of computer backup data – February 3, 2006, part of fast and media verification
- 8015441-Verification of computer backup data – February 3, 2006, part of fast and media verification
- 8341127-Client initiated restore – February 2, 2006, Client initiated restore
- 8042172-Remote access architecture enabling a client to perform an operation – February 2, 2006, generalizing client-initiated backup and restore
- 8800023-Remote access architecture enabling a client to perform an operation – August 16, 2011, further generalizing client-initiated backup and restore